Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Physoc Meeting in Leeds, UK

Last week I attended The Physiological Society Cardiovascular Themed Meeting with Prof Johns, Maria, Chunlong and Ahmed. To be honest, I think this is one of the best meetings I've ever been to! The symposiums were really interesting, with a very impressive list of speakers. They also served unlimited wine and beer at the poster session! I'm telling ya, the British really know how to host an event! Why don't they do these things at US conferences?

Here is Maria at her poster, either estatic that she met one of the speakers, or delighted that there was an open bar. Chances are probably both. She had three glasses of wine that night, which made for an interesting experience when she had to explain her data. I found it to be quite entertaining!



Here I am with Prof at my poster. I only had half a glass of wine. If I had three, I probably wouldn't be able to recognize my poster.



Lab group photo (Ahmad, Hassan, me, Maria, and Prof)

1 comment:

jenni said...

that is funny! My advisor went to that meeting too. see you soon!