Monday, May 5, 2008

Vactioning in ....Croatia?

My best girlfriend from Oregon, Amanda, and I, are heading to Croatia in September for a 4-day vacation. I cannot wait!!! We decided to weave it into her first European trip, by which we will head to Ireland for a week, and then onto Croatia. I never really thought about Croatia as a holiday destination until my mother-in-law, Diane mentioned it. Its recently become a popular vacation spot, particulary for its location, scenery, fabulous beaches, and its affordability since its not on the Euro (well for now...I think it will be by next year).

So, where exactly is Croatia? It is on the eastern side of the Adriatic Sea, east of Italy and northwest of Greece. Below is a map:



These are a few pictures of Dubrovnik, the city we will be visiting:




No comments: