Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A night at the dogtrack...

Last Thursday, we had a postgrad night-out at the Curraheen greyhound track, which is conveniently just down the street from my apartment! I had never been to any kind of racetrack before, so this was a new experience for me! I wasn't sure how the system really worked, but as a test run I chose 'Scapegoat' to win the first race, and he did! Unfortunately I did not have any money on it, but felt lucky after that and starting placing some bets. As expected, all of my dogs came in last. =( Regardless, we all had a great time!

I also took these pictures with my iPhone (and a little touch up with Picasa). I was really impressed! Not too bad for a camera phone!!

Entrance to the dogtrack


The dogtrack!


Georgina, Ciara, and LiMian


Will, Belinda and Ciaran


Ciara won!!


I really thought she was a winner. I even placed a fiver on for the win! She came in last. Georgina picked dog #2, which was an irish name that none of us could pronounce, and she won 24 euro!

1 comment: