Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Visiting Rowan and Ciara in Seattle

Sean and I returned to the states on June 7th (after unwanted but expected delays in Chicago). Sean flew into Portland, but I scheduled my flight into Seattle so I could visit with Rowan and Ciara. Rowan (aka Dr. Flynn) was a PhD student with me at UCC and my officemate. He graduated last winter and is now a postdoctoral fellow with the Dept of Medicine (Cardiology) at the University of Washington. It was great to spend some time with him and his wife Ciara, and I'm so glad that they are settling well in their new home

Below are a few pictures from my visit...

This is their apartment complex. I found it ironic that the exact same complex was being advertised in the Alaska Airlines magazine I read on the plane!



Rowan and Ciara at Gasworks Park. It was a little cloudy that day, but we still had a great time in the city.


Rowan and Belinda


This is the troll who lives under the bridge. A classic Seattle landmark, and I think he is grabbing a real VW bug!

No comments: