Sunday, December 21, 2008

Anything else weather gods?



The icebox otherwise known as Portland, Oregon has been hit with almost a foot of snow, freezing rain, sleet, and wind over the past week. As long as I can stay home and can head out for walks once in a while, I really enjoy the snow. Its pretty and gives a real quiet feeling in the air, which is nice. However, it makes for quite the commute up to Marquam Hill for work each day. Luckily I was able to stay a couple days with Amanda over at her townhouse in Beaverton, which is conveniently next to the MAX line. I love being out in the snow, but I really REALLY hope that my boss lets me have a 'work from home' day tomorrow! The two-hr commute to and from work is starting to wear on me a bit.

Sean has been in Pennsylvania since Friday and had his interview at Penn State on Saturday morning. He said it went really well and enjoyed the interviews he had! He also said that Penn State would be an exciting place to do a residency as the medical center is quickly expanding, with many new opportunities in the near future. We'd also like to thank Gregg and Jenni for letting Sean stay at their apartment! I haven't seen it (only pictures) but he was really impressed with it! Sean just arrived in Philadelphia this afternoon for his interview at the University of Pennsylvania tomorrow morning. After that, he will head to the airport to come home...well, we hope! Most flights to and from PDX have been cancelled this weekend, which is making me a bit nervous. So everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for a safe trip and on-time flight for Sean! He has been travelling so much lately, and the last thing he needs is to be stuck in an airport.


Dad and I were getting a little bit of cabin fever, so we decided to 'hike' out to the store.



Dad ready to brave the elements




Snow covered cars



Check out this tree. Something tells me its not supposed to be that droopy...






...especially since it almost took out this street sign!


1 comment:

Lacy & Simon said...

Crazy pictures! I hope the weather improves a bit for you. It has been cold here with some snow and freezing rain. Just lots of wind right now. It is fun to be snowed in for about a day then I start to go stir crazy.
I'll send Sean thought for wonderful travel karma.