Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sean and Belle go to Mayo...Part 2

Sean and I had a great time in Rochester, despite the cold! Sean's interviews went really well and we both have to say, from both a medical and research perspective, that Mayo is one impressive place! I also found the 'subway' quite memorable. When Sean told me that we were taking the 'subway', I pictured concrete walls and a dodgy train. Oh no, this was a heated, carpeted underground network which linked pretty much all of the buildings (and hotels) associated with the Mayo Clinic. The only exception was St. Mary's Hospital, but instead there was a shuttle bus that ran between the hospital and the clinic. Quite an impressive network if you ask me.

At this point, OHSU and Mayo are at the top of his list, and he has a big decision to make when he submits his rankings in January. After that, its up to the residency match computer to determine where we spend the next 7 years of our lives!

After our visit to Mayo, we drove back to Minneapolis since I had to attend a training session at Data Sciences the next day. We stayed at a nearby hotel and came acorss a great restaurant which had 2-for-one burgers and an impressive beer selection. Sean ordered a pint of the winter ale, but I think the waitress thought he was cute and brought him the 'tall' order.


Seriously, this beer was huge. Here's how it compares to a standard pint.


Sean was also very excited that corn dogs were on the menu, and couldn't help himself. I love the smirk on his face! I title this pic 'Ohhh...so happy....'



Afterwards, we decided to check out the arcade which was attached to the restaurant. There was a bowling alley too, but I think it was league night as all the lanes were taken.
Sean's favorite arcade game of all time, Ms. PacMan.

I have to say for our first Mid-West experience, it was pretty good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys. Miss both of you. Drop me a line at navidmoshtael@gmail.com or call 714-686-4967. Long long time no speak.

Unknown said...

I am visiting Oregon December 26 to January 4. Am I going to see you Belle and Sean?